Apr 23 2015 PlaceTrack is now available on Apple Watch
PlaceTrack v3.6.3 offers an Apple Watch app, in time for tomorrow’s launch!
Sep 25 2014 Posing Cows – 2014 Edition
taken on Mon, 15 Aug 2014 16:02:14 (CEST) in Diavolezza, Pontresina, Switzerland
[NIKON D300; 20 mm @ f/3.5 @ 1/3200 sec @ 200 ISO ]
Earthquake is one of the four apps being featured in the US App Store weather category
Apr 17 2014 ok glass (finally got my hands on one)
PlaceTrack is the best full-featured location sharing app available to date. Initially created as a background Google Latitude updater, PlaceTrack now uses its own backend infrastructure and continues to work well with even more sharing features. Your location data can now include location history, speed, altitude, whether you’re walking, running, moving in a vehicle or resting (using the new M7 coprocessor on supported devices).
Share your live location or location history with authorized PlaceTrack contacts or keep it for youself, for later viewing. Optionally publish to secret web urls so anyone with web access can see where you are or where you have been.
Jan 19 2014 Winter in the Italian Dolomites
taken on Sat, 4 Jan 2014 16:44 (CEST) in Seiser Alm (Coppa del Mondo di slittino)
[ iPhone 5S; 4.1 mm @ f/2.2 @ 1/30 sec @ 50 ISO ]
A small collection of winter pictures taken last January in the Dolomites.
Nov 23 2013 Earthquake promo videos, english version
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
(spanish version here)
don’t forget to download the free app from itunes(*): https://itunes.apple.com/app/earthquake/id632040358?ls=1&mt=8
(*)not available in Italy
Nov 3 2013 Hangar-7
Last month I visited the Red Bull Hangar-7 in Salzburg, a private airport hangar owned by the founder of the energy drink company and one Europe’s most eccentric places with its stunning architecture, innovative art and an impressive collection of planes, racecars and helicopters!
taken on Mon, 5 Oct 2013 18:49:42 (CEST) in Salzburg, Austria
[NIKON D300; 18 mm @ f/3.2 @ 1/80 sec @ 3200 ISO ]
Sep 6 2013 Herbivores
May 18 2013 Earthquake: world-class seismic data app for iOS
Last year I launched Terremoto, a top quality (5-star average rating on the IT App Store) iOS app that keeps you informed on the latest earthquakes in Italy, using a friendly user interface and a robust backend infrastructure for targeted push notifications and post-earthquake data collection from several international sources.
Its success was so huge that I decided to divide the app into an Italian and an International, localized version, to give room for new, unique features.
Earthquake shows worldwide earthquake data from multiple networks, supports push notifications with city, country, continent and magnitude filters and offers the same feature set as the italian version:
- map view with different sized and colored circles to represent event magnitude and age
- receive push notifications on your phone as soon as the event data is available from an official source (you can set alerts based on location and/or magnitude threshold). Push notifications allow the application to receive events even when unused, without this leading to an increased consumption of battery
- event timeline (today, yesterday, previous days)
- notification alerts and events timeline support filtering by magnitude, country or continent
- detail view for any event, reachable from map and timeline views
- export data to Google Earth or other installed apps supporting kml file format
- social sharing: share event map and data to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email
- reverse geocoding: names of locations, when unavailable, are calculated automatically from their geographical coordinates
- no ads!